January 23, 2013
Happy Pie Day!
I celebrated Pie Day by eating pie! I didn’t make my own pie because then I would have celebrated by eating and then throwing up a WHOLE Pie! My favorite type of pie is super easy to make and it’s delicious! I modified this recipe from the Jif Peanut Butter Recipe site. It honestly takes a few minutes and is delicious!
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 1 (8 oz.) package cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 (12 oz.) container frozen whipped topping, thawed and divided
- 1 prepared chocolate pie crust
- 1 cup hot fudge topping
- Reese’s peanut butter cups (the small ones) broken or cut (optional)
- BEAT together 1 cup peanut butter, cream cheese and sugar in large bowl with an electric mixer on medium, until well combined. Gently mix in 3 cups whipped topping until thoroughly combined. Spoon mixture into pie shell. Using a spatula, smooth mixture to edges of pie.
- Microwave remaining topping on HIGH (100% power) for 1 minute. Stir. Spread topping over pie, covering entire peanut butter layer. Refrigerate until set. Spread remaining whipped topping (1 1/2 cups), over hot fudge layer, being careful not to mix the two layers. (sometimes I left this part out if I didn’t have the hot fudge)
Variation: The Jif Recipe tells you to put pretty swirls on the top with fudge and peanut butter…this never worked out well for me. Instead I would crunch up Reese’s cups and put them inside the filling or sprinkle them on top. I never cut them and put them on because I am not that detail oriented but let your creative muse guide you.